1. There is absolutely no reason for us to believe that a brighter future for the world is an impossibility .
2. Meteorologists offer computer models leaving little doubt that this year's El Nino phenomenon has disappeared .
3. Facts prove the unjustifiability of claims that China will be unable to feed itself by the year 2020 .
4. Previous explanations of the rising divorce rate in China are simply untenable . The fact is that many marriages were simply based on convenience and wives are no longer willing to accept the abusive domineering attitudes of husbands .
5. Claim that entering the Chinese market offers foreign companies an immediate road to profits are grossly misstated and have been proven wrong time and again . The key to entering China rests with the phraseology " vast potential market " , and how long one is willing to wait for returns .
6. Parents are not wrong in enforcing good study habits , but they must not do so at the expense of stifling normal child development .
7. It is quite reasonable to assume that modern science and technology ( S&T ) will continue to advance . It is no less reasonable to believe that S&T will radically improve the way we live . However , the same reasoning cannot be applied to improving social interaction .
8. Belief in the wonders of modern medical science is quite understandable . It is also quite possible that our faith in the ability of scientists to find the key for prolonging life are well-founded . Yet , the wisdom of prolonging life remains in question when considering the already massive global population and projected future growth .
9. It is one thing to support euthanasia , but quite another to offer any justification for genocide .
10. Claiming the need for censorship is one thing , but rationally proving its redeeming values represents a quite different issue .
1. Chances are that man will eventually land on Mars .
2. The likelihood for peace in the Middle East remains questionable .
3. The necessity for nuclear nonproliferation seems clear .
4. It is perhaps more accurate to consider the family as a blanket of security , rather than a cloak of bondage .
5. While generalizations are dangerous , it is quite safe to present solid evidence .
6. It seems almost certain that China will achieve this year's economic growth targets .
7. Reaching this year's growth targets is almost a certainty .
8. The urgency of the situation makes it necessary to reiterate the monumental problems of population growth .
9. A recent study revealed the surprising fact that many students pass examinations by relying on nothing more than rote memorization . It is horrifying to think that students graduate without a thorough understanding of the subject matter .
10. Needless to say , advertising sells products . Where would we be without it ? Shelves would be empty , consumers would have few choices and products information would disappear .
1.The plain truth is that people are most often self-centered .
2.There's little wonder why young people often find it difficult to find an appropriate role model . No wonder they drink , smoke , fright , carouse and otherwise engage in inappropriate social behavior .
3.It should come as no surprise to learn that many abused children become abusers later in life .
4.There is probably a great deal of truth in the assertion that unecrupulous brokers are salivating at the thought of unsophisticated investors entering the securities market.
5.There's little doubt that China has spawned a new generation of " Little Emperors " , but the truth is that the fault rests with parents who"spare the rod to spoil the child " and not with children themselves.
6.There's little justification for objections to sex education.In fact,even a minimal introduction to consequences of sexual interaction (the bird's and bee's) might have dramatically changed the lives of many people.
7.We can safely say that the world continues to turn and things have changed dramatically,but we can never claim the world is a safer place .
8. We can say this and we can say that,but the most important thing is not to say,but instead to do.
9.Divided we fall,united we conquer.This does not mean that conquest is the goat,but instead that unified efforts yield positive results.
10.Historically speaking,our ancestors placed great emphasis on filial piety .
1.It doesn't follow that one should abandon a workable plan simply because of minor setbacks . So doing would quite frankly be foolish.
2.One corrupt politician does not suggest that all politicians are bad.Any such presumption is totally misguided.
3.Don't get the idea that money grows on trees,or that there's such a thing as a free ride.
4.Along with interest in music comes a greater awareness of culture.
5.It's not that I don't want to be rich and famous.Obviously I do, but just haven't as yet found the way to get there.
6.If the claims of the other side prove true,we may be forced to alter our position.
7.The urgent need for nuclear nonprolifeation is undeniable.Moreover ,failure to halt the spread of weapons of mass destruction increases the chance for nuclear holocaust.
8.Having recognized the problem,it follows that we must develop a plan of action.
9.Governments have reached a consensus on the need for peace and it follows that actions speak louder than words.
10.The convincing proof that smoking causes cancer has failed to convince hundreds of millions of people to abandon the vile habit.
1.Traffic laws are of little use if drivers simply ignore them and law enforcement departments fail to adopt effective enforcement programs.
2.Agricultural modernization cannot be achieved unless the government substantially increases funding;farmers accept advanced agronomic techniques;and consumers engaged in a concerted effort to reduce unnecessary and exorbitant waste.
3.Effective flood control is not only necessary,but is also essential for protecting the lives of millions of Chinese citizens.
4.Simple expressions of indignation are no substitute for meaningful actions to right a wrong.
5.Even modest increases in education allocations are better than none .